Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It really doesn't matter what you majored in

Yaya DaCosta, a former America's Next Top Model contestant and Brown University alum, is currently doing very well for herself onstage. She hasn't made it onto my ILCIWSUW* list quite yet, but she's keeping some good company. Leslie Uggams (who may arguably have a better name than Yaya, I don't know), a braodway diva from way back when I don't even know is sharing the spotlight with Yaya in the Signature Theater Company’s production of “The First Breeze of Summer.”
I care very little about any of this.
I do however, care about the clip below. This is DJ Ugg's rendition of "June is bustin' out all over" which has been stuck in my head all day long. The real lyrics, which are half as good, can be found here.


The hits really do write themselves folks.
(Thanks to Rachel Karpf for the thesbo-tip)


*Ivy league celebrities I would shack up with
Natalie Portman, Ed Norton.
Twice.

No comments: